Health and Safety Induction Course is a safety program that requires all construction personnel to participate. The course designed for 6hours session includes briefing and instruction on the practicable health and safety at work. The participant will be registered under CIDB and will be given a construction card (Green Card).
The Green Card is issued by CIDB for the purpose of registering all labor in construction site and enables the personnel to be identified by their work field and level of skill. Without Green Card, labors are not allowed to enter construction site.
- Ensure the awareness of construction labors in the importance of health and safety at workplace.
- Prepare the labors with knowledge on health and safety in construction site.
- To inform construction labors on legal requirement terms related to health and safety.
- The participants will be given a Green Card and will be covered by an insurance scheme to insure against accidents and death of construction personnel.
Guidelines for Registration of Construction Personnel
- Main Contractor shall ensure that all personnel attending the Safety and Health Induction Course for Construction Labors, and they must be registered under CIDB.
- Green Card will only be issued to those who have been through the Health and Safety courses for construction workers.
Benefits of Construction Worker Registration
- Recognition of the construction personnel.
- Career development.
- Employees are aware of the safety and health at construction site.
- Income (salary) commensurate with skills.
- Informing that the construction personnel have attended the safety.
- Induction courses (ICW).
- Creating a comprehensive workforce database in the construction industry.
- Protect the construction personnel welfare through Insurance Protection Plan.
- Applicants must be above 16 years old.
- Involved in the construction works at the construction site.
- Have a valid identification.
- Must attend the Safety Induction Course.
CIDB Green Card Checklist
- Letter from the company (should include the name and address of the beneficiary)
- Employer application form (Download Here)
- 2 passport-sized photographs (blue background)
- A scan copy of the passport permit (colored)
- Copy of valid CIDB certificate
- Prescribed fee